Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default Pool Filter Catridge

"MiamiCuse" writes:

I went to a national pool store (Leslie) and was looking at their Hayward
C1200 filter catridge. They priced it at $95.00 and I asked the guy that HD
sells the same size catridge for $67.50 why the price difference?

He said their's is better and HD is junk. Now a filter is a fllter is a
filter right? They are both the same size designed for the same filter. I
really do not see the difference.

Is there any merit to what he said?

No a Hayward cartridge is a Hayward cartridge unless HD is selling
something off brand.

Leslie isn't too bad, the sales people are pretty knowledgeable
at the one I go to. Seems like the smaller the store, the better
the sales people.

Anyway real Hayward at $59.99+8.54(NJ) he

http://www.wagglepop.com/stores/Disc...D=409942&data=

and you don't have to leave the house.