Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Danny

Default Need advice on a pool filter

any advice for inground pool filters?
what are the best
what about a cover for the summer.

Babbling Brook Photography

I use a Starbrite DE filter which I have had good luck with, I don't have to
back flush it as often as the sand filters (actually you don't back flush
them, you bump them). I use Baquacil for my chemicals ( only have to check
water once every two weeks so there's no testing of the water daily) and as
far as covers I'm assuming you mean solar. Personally I don't like them
because of the inconvenience of taking it on and off every time you go
swimming.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Babbling Brook Photography

"Danny" wrote in message
et...
any advice for inground pool filters?
what are the best
what about a cover for the summer.

Tim Iskander

We have a DE filter and are big fans... The DE filters can be
be more finicky and clog easier than sand (our dog took to
swimming for a while, which glogged it up in no time!), but
it does a much better job of filtering. Our water is crystal
clear. The filter really doesn't require much maintenance.

We have a solar cover on a reel for out pool that we keep on
at night to keep the heat in (nights can be cool here in central
NY). On our rectangular pool its really no effort to roll the
cover in/out... I think it may be a bit more of a fiddle with
a kidney, etc..

/Tim

Danny wrote:
any advice for inground pool filters?
what are the best
what about a cover for the summer.

Travis Jordan

Danny wrote:
any advice for inground pool filters?
what are the best
what about a cover for the summer.

I had a Pentair Nautilus DE filter that worked perfectly for almost 20
years until it failed with a pinhole in the stainless steel case. I
replaced it with a Pentair FNS Plus - essentially the same filter but
with a fiberglass case. I change the DE about every three months and it
keeps the pool sparkling year round. You can buy 'em on the net from a
number of online retailers. I'd recommend oversizing one step up from
the minimum recommended filter size so as to maximize water cleaning
efficiency and mimimize pump run time.

http://www.poolplaza.com/C-PFDE.html