Posted to alt.home.repair

Default wood flooring

I have a few very black spots in my wood floor from plants sitting on the
floor and water weeping thru. I want to sand my floors but how do I get rid
of these black spots.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm assuming you have light oak or maple
In hardwood you don't. That black goes deep. Live with it or replace the
pieces.
Or.........
I would sand the area and try to lighten up the spots and blend them in with
a stain that would match the natural wood color and then put the clear
finish back over the area when dry.
Or........
Darken the entire floor color and then re-clear.

"bob kater" wrote in message
I have a few very black spots in my wood floor from plants sitting on the
floor and water weeping thru. I want to sand my floors but how do I get rid
of these black spots.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds typical of iron tainted water reacting with tannins in the
wood. Oxalic acid reverses the reaction. Look in paint store for
wood bleach and check the label. Don't inhale dust when sanding after
use.

On Thu, 3 May 2007 19:49:21 -0400, "bob kater"
wrote:

I have a few very black spots in my wood floor from plants sitting on the
floor and water weeping thru. I want to sand my floors but how do I get rid
of these black spots.

Carpet over Wood Flooring [email protected] Home Ownership 1 August 5th 06 04:16 PM
wood flooring Alex UK diy 0 November 19th 05 12:41 PM
Wood flooring andy anderson Woodworking 1 October 21st 05 11:59 AM
wood flooring fred Woodworking 14 February 19th 05 12:59 AM
Wood Laminate Flooring Russ Home Repair 9 June 30th 03 04:43 PM