Posted to alt.home.repair

Default thinset color and marble tile

Hello, I am tiling my floor with marble tile this weekend and picked up a
50lb bag of Mapei ultraflex rx thinset grey color.
I have heard that you should use white thinset with marble. Is the grey
thinset okay or should I go with white? The marble tile is mainly white.
regards
Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve W." sjwNOSPAMatripnet.com wrote in message
Hello, I am tiling my floor with marble tile this weekend and picked up a
50lb bag of Mapei ultraflex rx thinset grey color.
I have heard that you should use white thinset with marble. Is the grey
thinset okay or should I go with white? The marble tile is mainly white.
regards
Steve

the gray is fine as long as you like gray edges to your white marble tiles.
it can stain, so that's why they state on the package to use white thinset.
why would you think they put that on the package if they didn't mean it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

It doesn't state anything on the package. It just says that the thinset is
grey. Guess i'll go with white from another store because they didn't have
any white thinset specifically for marble at the store i bought it from.

"charlie" wrote in message

"Steve W." sjwNOSPAMatripnet.com wrote in message
Hello, I am tiling my floor with marble tile this weekend and picked up a
50lb bag of Mapei ultraflex rx thinset grey color.
I have heard that you should use white thinset with marble. Is the grey
thinset okay or should I go with white? The marble tile is mainly white.
regards
Steve

the gray is fine as long as you like gray edges to your white marble
tiles. it can stain, so that's why they state on the package to use white
thinset. why would you think they put that on the package if they didn't
mean it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"charlie" wrote in message

"Steve W." sjwNOSPAMatripnet.com wrote in message
Hello, I am tiling my floor with marble tile this weekend and picked up
a 50lb bag of Mapei ultraflex rx thinset grey color.
I have heard that you should use white thinset with marble. Is the grey
thinset okay or should I go with white? The marble tile is mainly white.
regards
Steve

the gray is fine as long as you like gray edges to your white marble
tiles. it can stain, so that's why they state on the package to use white
thinset. why would you think they put that on the package if they didn't
mean it?

does the marble have a package?