Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oklahoma State Law on Home Warranties??

Are there any Okies out there that are familiar with Oklahoma state
law requiring home builders to put a 10 year warranty on their homes.
What are the details of the law? My 8 year old home has a structural
issue that could potentially cost big bucks to fix, so I'm exploring
all my options. Thanks!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 7:59 am, Daniel Fenner wrote:
Are there any Okies out there that are familiar with Oklahoma state
law requiring home builders to put a 10 year warranty on their homes.
What are the details of the law? My 8 year old home has a structural
issue that could potentially cost big bucks to fix, so I'm exploring
all my options. Thanks!!

I'm not familiar with the law but I am someone that sued his builder
for house under warranty years ago. Hopefully warranty is covered by
an insurance company and not the builder himself. Builders are
notorious for hiding behind LLC's and S corps and liquidating after
construction is complete. That way they protect their personal
assets.
If you're talking megabucks, you may need a lawyer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com, Daniel Fenner wrote:
Are there any Okies out there that are familiar with Oklahoma state
law requiring home builders to put a 10 year warranty on their homes.
What are the details of the law? My 8 year old home has a structural
issue that could potentially cost big bucks to fix, so I'm exploring
all my options. Thanks!!

Seems to me that a phone call to an Oklahoma lawyer would be a more productive
method of getting an answer.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Are there any Okies out there that are familiar with Oklahoma state
law requiring home builders to put a 10 year warranty on their homes.

Seems to me that a phone call to an Oklahoma lawyer would be a more

productive
method of getting an answer.

Consumer law questions can usually be answered free
by state consumer information offices, public libraries etc.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message

Consumer law questions can usually be answered free
by state consumer information offices, public libraries etc.

Opinions posted on newsgroups are now admissible in court. Honest, you just
have to print them out for the judge.

warranties stevie Home Repair 16 February 18th 06 04:48 AM
Home Inspectors, Home Warranties, and Sellerr Paid Items Kyle Boatright Home Repair 3 December 14th 05 07:54 PM
Home Improvement Contracts strange 3-day cancellation law? New Home Ownership 5 June 9th 04 05:22 AM
Clamp Sale - Penn State Industries & Home Depot Nick Bozovich Woodworking 4 February 8th 04 06:01 AM
Supplier's Warranties sam-hood @ 1rogers.com Metalworking 1 January 13th 04 03:08 AM