Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Tom is offline

Default 8 Foot Sliding Door

We have a 8 foot sliding door in our bedroom and the time has come to find a
new covering for it. In the past we have used vertical blinds. With pets
we do not want that anymore. Does anyone have any ideas or options? I
don't want anything with slats, I know that for sure. Im more or less
looking for a one or two piece solution. Thanks.

Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have the same 8' slider going out to my deck from the dining room. I
got a two-piece diamond-cell shade (by Bali or one of their
competitors) from the orange box store. it's a single header with two
individual 4' shades that slide up or down. They look nice, are very
insulating, and (so far!) have been pretty much pet-proof given a
golden retriever, a big maine coon cat and a small slightly obnoxious
kitten. The two blinds means I can keep the operating side of the door
available but the fixed side covered if I want. Total cost was about
$400; could have been more like $250 for a cheaper material.

On Apr 30, 2:37 pm, "Tom" wrote:
We have a 8 foot sliding door in our bedroom and the time has come to find a
new covering for it. In the past we have used vertical blinds. With pets
we do not want that anymore. Does anyone have any ideas or options? I
don't want anything with slats, I know that for sure. Im more or less
looking for a one or two piece solution. Thanks.

Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tom wrote:
We have a 8 foot sliding door in our bedroom and the time has come
to find a new covering for it. In the past we have used vertical
blinds. With pets we do not want that anymore. Does anyone have
any ideas or options? I don't want anything with slats, I know
that for sure. Im more or less looking for a one or two piece
solution. Thanks.

Tom

Uhhh...drapes?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tom" wrote in message
t...
We have a 8 foot sliding door in our bedroom and the time has come to find
a new covering for it. In the past we have used vertical blinds. With
pets we do not want that anymore. Does anyone have any ideas or options?
I don't want anything with slats, I know that for sure. Im more or less
looking for a one or two piece solution. Thanks.

We had a hunter-douglas shade made for ours (we went through empire carpets
for it), and it has been great. So far we're on year 7 with no problems at
all (three years the house has been occupied by tenants, no less). We got
the double honeycomb to keep the AC in, and it's been a great purchase.

HTH

Donna

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:37:46 -0700, "Tom"
wrote:

We have a 8 foot sliding door in our bedroom and the time has come to find a
new covering for it. In the past we have used vertical blinds. With pets
we do not want that anymore. Does anyone have any ideas or options? I

What is the intended purpose of the covering?

don't want anything with slats, I know that for sure. Im more or less
looking for a one or two piece solution. Thanks.

Tom

SLiding Door In Bedroom Thomas Home Repair 7 February 16th 07 02:36 AM
Sliding glass door (I need some help) AKA Gray Asphalt Home Repair 13 January 13th 07 10:31 PM
Sliding patio door tolbiny Home Repair 0 October 16th 06 11:52 PM
Sliding door concept mike hide Woodworking 9 September 22nd 05 09:15 PM
Sliding door kits Cicero UK diy 2 February 6th 05 04:41 PM