Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.radio.satellite,alt.sports.baseball.sd-padres,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers

Default CRT Monitor crackling (also when powered off)

On Apr 23, 2:28 pm, Bob Gray wrote:
Hi all,

Now i'm no electronics technician, but I do have a multimeter and a
soldering iron.. Does this sound something I can fix with a moderate amount
of effort (and without zapping myself)?

-Bob

What do you hope to accomplish with the soldering iron, multimeter and
technical knowledge?

Fixing your monitor? no.

Sticking the iron and meter up Sitre Magana's ass? Yes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.radio.satellite,alt.sports.baseball.sd-padres,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers

"Malissa Baldwin" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 23, 2:28 pm, Bob Gray wrote:
Hi all,

Now i'm no electronics technician, but I do have a multimeter and a
soldering iron.. Does this sound something I can fix with a moderate
amount
of effort (and without zapping myself)?

-Bob

What do you hope to accomplish with the soldering iron, multimeter and
technical knowledge?

Fixing your monitor? no.

Sticking the iron and meter up Sitre Magana's ass? Yes.

Bob ,
Did you ever open it up and clean it? Its probably high voltage
arcing over . You can try to clean it, but first you should read
the manual. You have to, of course pull the plug, wait a few minutes,
then open it up. Also, you might have to discharge the high voltage.
Being careful, do not move or bent anything, use a small vacuum, to
suck out all the dirt.
P.S. The high voltage can still be there with the power off, and the plug
pulled! Careful!

My 2 cents worth!