Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default iiyama 22" crt monitor

I have an old pro502 monitor it has served me well for several years
now, but recently the picture is too narrow about 50%, sometimes it is
ok but then it wobbles and goes narrow ( horizontal )

I opened it up and blew lots of dust away, one capacitor seems far
more dusty than the rest maybe it's blown ?

Anyone have any ideas or links to a service manual ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On Apr 10, 10:41 pm, "simple minds fan"
wrote:
I have an old pro502 monitor it has served me well for several years
now, but recently the picture is too narrow about 50%, sometimes it is
ok but then it wobbles and goes narrow ( horizontal )

I opened it up and blew lots of dust away, one capacitor seems far
more dusty than the rest maybe it's blown ?

Anyone have any ideas or links to a service manual ?

scientists have yet to establish any link between quantity of dust and
capacitor failure. check for dry joints in the scan area.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
I have an old pro502 monitor it has served me well for several years
now, but recently the picture is too narrow about 50%, sometimes it is
ok but then it wobbles and goes narrow ( horizontal )

I opened it up and blew lots of dust away, one capacitor seems far
more dusty than the rest maybe it's blown ?

Anyone have any ideas or links to a service manual ?

scientists have yet to establish any link between quantity of dust and
capacitor failure. check for dry joints in the scan area.

Could be the monitor fairy sprinkled extra fairy dust on one cap.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
COOSN-266-06-25794

Well I opened it up, used the hair dryer to blow the dust away and it
seems ok for now, might only last a few minutes but it is ok for now.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
COOSN-266-06-25794

Well I opened it up, used the hair dryer to blow the dust away and it
seems ok for now, might only last a few minutes but it is ok for now.

You really should poke around with an insulated stick and try to find
the dry joints. I would go so far as to say the majority of CRT monitor
failures start out that way, but turn into bigger problems as the bad
connections blow more expensive parts.