Posted to alt.home.repair

Default new concrete driveway

I just had a new driveway poured. I asked the contractor before he
began if the pollen blooms would cause a problem. He said no. Wrong.
The pollen blooms embedded into the concrete, and now I have little
squiggly marks all over the driveway; plus a leaf also embedded into
it and when I rubbed my hand across it, the concrete started to break
up around it. If I decide to just put some concrete on the leaf mark,
will that take care of that problem? Also, will the marks made by the
pollen blooms eventually fade?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just had a new driveway poured. I asked the contractor before he
began if the pollen blooms would cause a problem. He said no. Wrong.
The pollen blooms embedded into the concrete, and now I have little
squiggly marks all over the driveway; plus a leaf also embedded into
it and when I rubbed my hand across it, the concrete started to break
up around it. If I decide to just put some concrete on the leaf mark,
will that take care of that problem? Also, will the marks made by the
pollen blooms eventually fade?

Just tell everyone that it was VERY expensive to get stained concrete in
that shade.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I Also, will the marks made by the
pollen blooms eventually fade?

I would hope not. Decoratve touches like that add value to the home.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just had a new driveway poured. I asked the contractor before he
began if the pollen blooms would cause a problem. He said no. Wrong.
The pollen blooms embedded into the concrete, and now I have little
squiggly marks all over the driveway; plus a leaf also embedded into
it and when I rubbed my hand across it, the concrete started to break
up around it. If I decide to just put some concrete on the leaf mark,
will that take care of that problem? Also, will the marks made by the
pollen blooms eventually fade?

There are some good concrete patching materials that you could used to fill
in the leaf depression, but a patch might be more unsightly.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 24 Apr 2007 10:50:01 -0700, wrote:

plus a leaf also embedded into
it

Someday, when we have no more trees, this will be as valuable as the
fossil of a dinosaur footprint.