DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   new concrete driveway (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/198867-new-concrete-driveway.html)

[email protected] April 24th 07 06:50 PM

new concrete driveway

I just had a new driveway poured. I asked the contractor before he
began if the pollen blooms would cause a problem. He said no. Wrong.
The pollen blooms embedded into the concrete, and now I have little
squiggly marks all over the driveway; plus a leaf also embedded into
it and when I rubbed my hand across it, the concrete started to break
up around it. If I decide to just put some concrete on the leaf mark,
will that take care of that problem? Also, will the marks made by the
pollen blooms eventually fade?

Doug Miller April 24th 07 06:56 PM

new concrete driveway

In article .com, wrote:
I just had a new driveway poured. I asked the contractor before he
began if the pollen blooms would cause a problem. He said no. Wrong.
The pollen blooms embedded into the concrete, and now I have little
squiggly marks all over the driveway; plus a leaf also embedded into
it and when I rubbed my hand across it, the concrete started to break
up around it. If I decide to just put some concrete on the leaf mark,
will that take care of that problem? Also, will the marks made by the
pollen blooms eventually fade?

It's a driveway, for Pete's sake, not fine furniture.

--
Regards,

Steve B April 24th 07 07:05 PM

new concrete driveway

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just had a new driveway poured. I asked the contractor before he
began if the pollen blooms would cause a problem. He said no. Wrong.
The pollen blooms embedded into the concrete, and now I have little
squiggly marks all over the driveway; plus a leaf also embedded into
it and when I rubbed my hand across it, the concrete started to break
up around it. If I decide to just put some concrete on the leaf mark,
will that take care of that problem? Also, will the marks made by the
pollen blooms eventually fade?

Just tell everyone that it was VERY expensive to get stained concrete in
that shade.

Steve

Edwin Pawlowski April 24th 07 07:13 PM

new concrete driveway

wrote in message
oups.com...
I Also, will the marks made by the
pollen blooms eventually fade?

I would hope not. Decoratve touches like that add value to the home.

Charles April 24th 07 10:42 PM

new concrete driveway

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just had a new driveway poured. I asked the contractor before he
began if the pollen blooms would cause a problem. He said no. Wrong.
The pollen blooms embedded into the concrete, and now I have little
squiggly marks all over the driveway; plus a leaf also embedded into
it and when I rubbed my hand across it, the concrete started to break
up around it. If I decide to just put some concrete on the leaf mark,
will that take care of that problem? Also, will the marks made by the
pollen blooms eventually fade?

There are some good concrete patching materials that you could used to fill
in the leaf depression, but a patch might be more unsightly.

mm April 26th 07 03:37 AM

new concrete driveway

On 24 Apr 2007 10:50:01 -0700, wrote:

plus a leaf also embedded into
it

Someday, when we have no more trees, this will be as valuable as the
fossil of a dinosaur footprint.