Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rain Chains - Have you used them?

I just happen to be working on replacing downspouts and I ran across these
rain chains.
http://www.rainchain.com

I wonder how much water they can handle?
I may try hanging a chain from the downspout and see what happens?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Apr 24, 9:59 am, "steve" wrote:
I just happen to be working on replacing downspouts and I ran across these
rain chains.http://www.rainchain.com

I wonder how much water they can handle?
I may try hanging a chain from the downspout and see what happens?

Since they're not closed, it's limited by the gutter opening. What
doesn't go through the openings in the cups of the pictured type will
overflow and fall since there's nothing to retain it when/if they fill
up.

Fine Homebuilding had an article and some really outstanding art in an
issue a year or so ago...