Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Advice on Purchasing a Wood Burning Fireplace Insert

Greetings

Wife is interested on getting a wood burning insert for the fireplace.
We're regular users of our fireplace and easily keep a supply of
inexpensive hardwoods around and, with upcoming increases in electricity
costs around here, thought is was about time that we sunk the $4-5K into a
wood burning insert.

We've been looking at the following brands:

Regency, Jotel, Napoleon, and QuadraFire

Costs look like they fall into the following three categories:

* the insert
* fixing up the flue
* labor for installation

We would be immensely grateful to hear any advice and experiences folks
have had regarding the various insert brands, dealers, service, and
performance of individual units.

Also, FWIW, we live near Baltimore.

TIA.

Regards,