Posted to alt.home.repair

Default replacement windows

I have a rental house i would like to replace windows in, several are
identical & i want to start there. What I would like to know is how I should
measure what i need to buy without exposing existing framing. I am assuming
I can simply measure the outside of the trim & the inside of the trim & buy
windows with a RO size right in middle of that +/- a little... is there a
particular brand or type that i should use or stay away from?

Thanks
Rob

Posted to alt.home.repair

longshot wrote:
I have a rental house i would like to replace windows in, several are
identical & i want to start there. What I would like to know is how I
should measure what i need to buy without exposing existing framing.
I am assuming I can simply measure the outside of the trim & the
inside of the trim & buy windows with a RO size right in middle of
that +/- a little... is there a particular brand or type that i
should use or stay away from?
Thanks
Rob

Find a supplier first. Likely they will have instructions for measuring
for their products. I suggest that you may well want to have them do the
measuring as if you miss-measure you just bought some worthless windows.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"longshot" wrote in message
I have a rental house i would like to replace windows in, several are
identical & i want to start there. What I would like to know is how I

should
measure what i need to buy without exposing existing framing. I am

assuming
I can simply measure the outside of the trim & the inside of the trim &

buy
windows with a RO size right in middle of that +/- a little... is there a
particular brand or type that i should use or stay away from?

Thanks
Rob

I've been installing Pella windows in my house. did 2 in one room a couple
years ago and just did 2 more this past winter.

Stock windows were 1" to tall but the cost of custom sizes forced me to cut
out and make the RO larger.
I would remove trim. I has to chip out plaster to get at the 2" x 4"s and
get an acurate measurement.

Putting the windows in was a snap. I trimmed out the inside with a sill
instead of just a picture frame.

Very nice windows. Realy feel the difference in the winter.

Steve

Replacement Windows a12vman Home Repair 6 October 21st 06 06:48 PM
Replacement Windows Carl Home Repair 33 June 17th 06 02:10 AM
Replacement Windows Carl Home Ownership 29 June 17th 06 02:10 AM
Replacement windows Dick Adams Home Repair 2 June 5th 06 08:54 PM
Replacement windows Gntry Home Repair 3 November 8th 05 05:59 PM