Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shut Off Valve help!!

This is what the connection looks like underneath my bathroom vanity.

COPY THIS TO YOUR BROWSER TO VIEW:
http://eshare.hpphoto.com/FilmStripH...bc663b9&SKU=HP

I have a hot and cold connection. I'm going to replace the vanity and
I need to remove the plastic connection from the copper pipe. I have
no idea how it is connected!!! Is it glued? Pressure fitted? I've
looked in several home improvement plumbing books, hardware stores,
and even a Home Depot......noboby had this type of shutoff valve or
knew what I was talking about!!!

Bottom line, I need to pull the cabinet out and need to remove the
fittings, and then reinstall it. How do I do this and what to you
suggest? After I turn off the house water supply, how do I get the
water pressure away from these fittings so I can do the repair? Run
water until it stops? What tools will I need? I'm pretty much a novice
when it comes to plumbing and would appreciate any advice you could
give me.

Thanks,
Zano

Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Zano,

Those valves are pressure fit. With your water shut off at the main grab
onto the plastic valve you have pictured and pull it off while twisting back
and fourth. Don't reuse that valve. Buy a new 1/4 turn metal valve that will
install with a compression nut and ring. You will also want to replace the
supply line from the valve to the faucet.

cm

"zano" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

. Don't reuse that valve. Buy a new 1/4 turn metal valve that will
install with a compression nut and ring. You will also want to replace the
supply line from the valve to the faucet.

I agree! I've never seen such a cheap looking valve!