Posted to alt.home.repair
zano zano is offline

Default Shut Off Valve help!!

This is what the connection looks like underneath my bathroom vanity.

COPY THIS TO YOUR BROWSER TO VIEW:
http://eshare.hpphoto.com/FilmStripH...bc663b9&SKU=HP

I have a hot and cold connection. I'm going to replace the vanity and
I need to remove the plastic connection from the copper pipe. I have
no idea how it is connected!!! Is it glued? Pressure fitted? I've
looked in several home improvement plumbing books, hardware stores,
and even a Home Depot......noboby had this type of shutoff valve or
knew what I was talking about!!!

Bottom line, I need to pull the cabinet out and need to remove the
fittings, and then reinstall it. How do I do this and what to you
suggest? After I turn off the house water supply, how do I get the
water pressure away from these fittings so I can do the repair? Run
water until it stops? What tools will I need? I'm pretty much a novice
when it comes to plumbing and would appreciate any advice you could
give me.

Thanks,
Zano