Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fire Blanket Safety in the Home

While many of those employed in the emergency services can see the
importance of having a fire blanket in the home the same cannot be
said for the general public. It is an unfortunate fact most people
either ignore the dangers associated with home fires or they just do
not realize the dangers that exist. http://www.163as.com/news/Fire%20Blanket.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 7, 9:38 am, "snow" wrote:
While many of those employed in the emergency services can see the
importance of having a fire blanket in the home the same cannot be
said for the general public. It is an unfortunate fact most people
either ignore the dangers associated with home fires or they just do
not realize the dangers that exist.http://www.163as.com/news/Fire%20Blanket.html

well, I'd wonder. how often does a fire break out that can be handled
by a fire blanket? and why a fire blanket instead of the kitchen
extinguisher? blanket needs a person to be close to the fire to be
effective, an extinguisher does not.

on a side note, everybody (HEY! that means YOU too!) go check your
fire extinguishers, kitchen, car, garage.

(I see *I* need to buy one, my garage doesnt have one)