Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 3/4 " PVC to 3" PVC

I'm installing a saniflush up-flush toilet in my basement. The
effluence goes out through a 3/4" PVC pipe (would you believe??!!)

I need to connect that 3/4" into my main 3" PVC.

Anyway of doing that without cutting the 3" and slipping in a "T" ??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:16:09 GMT, 46erjoe
wrote:

I'm installing a saniflush up-flush toilet in my basement. The
effluence goes out through a 3/4" PVC pipe (would you believe??!!)

I need to connect that 3/4" into my main 3" PVC.

Anyway of doing that without cutting the 3" and slipping in a "T" ??

If the 3" pipe is roughly horizontal, and you have room to bring the
3/4" pipe in from the top, then you could just drill a 1" hole..
(I'm pretty sure the OD of 3/4" PVC is just over an inch)
in the top of the bigger pipe and glue the smaller one in place.

But you really should just cut the main pipe and use the T
anyway, since it's a much stronger connection, and doesn't
create a rough spot to cause clogs.

What's your objection to cutting into the main?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

I'm installing a saniflush up-flush toilet in my basement. The
effluence goes out through a 3/4" PVC pipe (would you believe??!!)

I need to connect that 3/4" into my main 3" PVC.

Anyway of doing that without cutting the 3" and slipping in a "T" ??

Does it matter what size the pipeps are? Would there be an obvious
answer, or no answer, if the pipes were the same size?

Posted to alt.home.repair

46erjoe wrote:

I'm installing a saniflush up-flush toilet in my basement. The
effluence goes out through a 3/4" PVC pipe (would you believe??!!)

I need to connect that 3/4" into my main 3" PVC.

Anyway of doing that without cutting the 3" and slipping in a "T" ??

You want an SA-321-3

http://www.plumbingstore.com/saddle.html

Probably not at the big Orange Box...

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

What about a vent for the toilet, or is it allowed to be installed on a wet
vent (the pipe used for other water draining through it.

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
t...
46erjoe wrote:

I'm installing a saniflush up-flush toilet in my basement. The
effluence goes out through a 3/4" PVC pipe (would you believe??!!)

I need to connect that 3/4" into my main 3" PVC.

Anyway of doing that without cutting the 3" and slipping in a "T" ??

You want an SA-321-3

http://www.plumbingstore.com/saddle.html

Probably not at the big Orange Box...

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

EXT wrote:

What about a vent for the toilet, or is it allowed to be installed on a wet
vent (the pipe used for other water draining through it.

Good point. Apparently the mfr recommends a vent
connection for the tank (discharge line can't be used as wet vent).
OP should have all those instructions with it.

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
t...

46erjoe wrote:

I'm installing a saniflush up-flush toilet in my basement. The
effluence goes out through a 3/4" PVC pipe (would you believe??!!)

I need to connect that 3/4" into my main 3" PVC.

Anyway of doing that without cutting the 3" and slipping in a "T" ??

You want an SA-321-3

http://www.plumbingstore.com/saddle.html

Probably not at the big Orange Box...

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

46erjoe writes:

Anyway of doing that without cutting the 3" and slipping in a "T" ??

Saddle fitting. Or drill and tap threads.
Posted to alt.home.repair

46erjoe wrote:
I'm installing a saniflush up-flush toilet in my basement. The
effluence goes out through a 3/4" PVC pipe (would you believe??!!)

I need to connect that 3/4" into my main 3" PVC.

Anyway of doing that without cutting the 3" and slipping in a "T" ??

No. None that will meet code.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
46erjoe wrote:

I'm installing a saniflush up-flush toilet in my basement. The
effluence goes out through a 3/4" PVC pipe (would you believe??!!)

I need to connect that 3/4" into my main 3" PVC.

Anyway of doing that without cutting the 3" and slipping in a "T" ??

Get a saddle fitting

Remove concrete in 2" PVC pipe [email protected] Home Repair 4 March 7th 07 04:55 AM
PVC Cement on CPVC Pipe 1/2" ianjones Home Repair 19 January 18th 07 03:53 AM
Lightweight slotted fence posts: "lite" concrete or PVC? Robin UK diy 3 December 14th 06 10:31 PM
3/8" PVC Pipe [email protected] UK diy 6 November 30th 06 03:29 PM
Where can I get pvc-like pipe 1" ID and 1 1/4" OD? IMAFriend Home Repair 2 November 13th 05 12:28 AM