Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default 3/4 " PVC to 3" PVC

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:16:09 GMT, 46erjoe
wrote:

I'm installing a saniflush up-flush toilet in my basement. The
effluence goes out through a 3/4" PVC pipe (would you believe??!!)

I need to connect that 3/4" into my main 3" PVC.

Anyway of doing that without cutting the 3" and slipping in a "T" ??

If the 3" pipe is roughly horizontal, and you have room to bring the
3/4" pipe in from the top, then you could just drill a 1" hole..
(I'm pretty sure the OD of 3/4" PVC is just over an inch)
in the top of the bigger pipe and glue the smaller one in place.

But you really should just cut the main pipe and use the T
anyway, since it's a much stronger connection, and doesn't
create a rough spot to cause clogs.

What's your objection to cutting into the main?