Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help choosing a paint gun (Sprayer)

I need to paint some installed kitchen cabinets. I have made it 56 years
with nothing more than an air brush but now I need some suggestions for
buying something a little bigger than an air brush. Since I may only use
this once or twice I don't want to spend a lot of $. If I were using it more
I would buy better.

I might break down and use it again to do my deck railings which are a major
PITA to stain. Probably will use an oil based product any time I use the
sprayer. I have a decent quality pancake compressor unit. Pretty sure I can
do 6 cfm at 40-50 and at least 3+ at 90-110 cfm. I will verify that before
I buy. Those specs exclude the bigger models.

Harbor Fright has several on sale this month. I just don't have a clue as
to what might be the best choice. I trust you guys a lot more than I trust
the average BORG employee. Stopping to refill the chamber is not a big deal.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...324&pricetype=

I am not seeing exactly the same items on the page linked above as I saw in
the local sale circular but the above is the best I can show you. For such a
small job I am wondering if the touch up sprayer
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...?itemnumber=86

or the detail

would be enough to do the job.

I really appreciate any input you can provide.

Colbyt

Choosing a Sealant Applicator Gun Rod UK diy 10 March 5th 07 09:34 PM
Paint sprayer & latex paint Adam Preble Home Repair 3 May 27th 06 01:57 PM
Paint Sprayer Setup [email protected] Home Repair 3 February 11th 06 03:02 PM
Paint sprayer Jim Mac Home Repair 2 June 4th 05 01:33 PM
Best conversion gun, compressor usage with HVLP sprayer Ollie Woodworking 8 October 26th 04 02:09 PM