Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Instant hot water at the faucets

I don't know anything about this except what it says here. REMichel
is a very well regarded company around here, and in about 10 states.

http://techtips.remichel.com/ShowIns...stallItemID=41

Hot Water Circulation

Instant hot water at the faucets

Voluntary potable water conservation is certainly environmentally
conscientious and mandatory conservation guide lines will be forth
coming.

Why wait? Why not begin conserving now? Why not promote
environmentally friendly conservation now? We waste MILLIONS of
gallons of potable water every day when we turn on our hot water
faucet and let it run until hot water runs out of it. Why??

We know that we can have a system installed to produce hot water
almost immediately, but few people are willing to spend the money to
revamp their entire potable water piping system and install a
recirculating loop.
Not so now...
We have systems available that can be installed by one mechanic in 1/2
day, WITH NO RETURN LOOP REQUIRED!

Installing hot water recirculating systems in new construction is fast
becoming the norm. Why not install hot water re-circ systems on
existing installations now that much of the expense has been removed?
These installs can afford nice profits on high end jobs that lead to
other sales and service. The next time you hear about a retrofit hot
water re-circ job, don't pass it by. Sell one of the new Grundfos
retrofit systems and get involved in this very profitable niche
market.

See REM Catalog number 5W600, Grundfos instant hot water system.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Installing hot water recirculating systems in new construction is fast
becoming the norm. Why not install hot water re-circ systems on
existing installations now that much of the expense has been removed?
These installs can afford nice profits on high end jobs that lead to
other sales and service. The next time you hear about a retrofit hot
water re-circ job, don't pass it by. Sell one of the new Grundfos
retrofit systems and get involved in this very profitable niche
market.

If you're talking about one of those systems that shoves hot water
into the existing cold water line while it is warming up, that doesn't
sound too healthy. The best solution is to avoid long and/or
un-insulated hot water runs.

Hot water recycling systems are a convenience but all that hot water
circulating around does waste money, even if the pipes are insulated.

Beachcomber

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
I don't know anything about this except what it says here. REMichel
is a very well regarded company around here, and in about 10 states.

Certainly nothing new. However I do find their sales spiel
objectionable. They try to sell it as "environmentally friendly." While
it is true it will save a little water, they don't bother to tell you it is
going to use a noticeable amount of energy pumping and/or heating the water.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 14:43:18 -0400, mm
wrote:

I don't know anything about this except what it says here. REMichel
is a very well regarded company around here, and in about 10 states.

http://techtips.remichel.com/ShowIns...stallItemID=41

I should have said that I'm not asking about these two posts for
myself. Just thought you guys might find them interesting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:

... they don't bother to tell you it is going to use a noticeable amount
of energy pumping

Hardly any.

and/or heating the water.

Not much, if it only pumps on demand, eg with an occupancy sensor.

A clever system might pump the hot water left in the pipe back into
the water heater tank after use :-)

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
I don't know anything about this except what it says here. REMichel
is a very well regarded company around here, and in about 10 states.

I should add that this is not something new or unique. These products
have been on the market for some time.

I don't know about possible quality differences between supplies. There
are several variations on this idea so you may want to do some shopping
before choosing if you do consider this idea.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit