Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power roller

I need to do some painting this spring and at 70 it's getting tough to do ceilings. I was looking at -first a power roller -and next the new goes on violet and drys white? paint . ( would like matte finish as opposed to flat. Any help with either ?
Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ktech" wrote in message
I need to do some painting this spring and at 70 it's getting tough to do
ceilings. I was looking at -first a power roller -and next the new goes on
violet and drys white? paint . ( would like matte finish as opposed to
flat. Any help with either ?
Frank

I did a lot of painting last year with a Wagner power roller. Although some
people dislike power rollers, I wouldn't consider using a regular hand
roller after my experience:

1) After doing one ceiling, I discovered that I didn't have to bother to
lay tarps/plastic sheets down - the power roller's guard prevented drips
and spray. End result of painting the ceilings and walls in the living
room, dining room, kitchen, and entry hallway ...no drips, none, nil, nada,
zip.

2) Painting is very fast with the roller. On the other hand, clean-up takes
longer than when using a hand roller.

3) When doing my cathedral ceilings, I had to use a system of ladders. With
the power roller, I just went from ladder to ladder and didn't have to mess
with moving a tray and risking spillage.

Jean

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ktech" wrote
I need to do some painting this spring and at 70 it's getting tough to do
ceilings. I was looking at -first a power roller -and next the new goes on
violet and drys white? paint . ( would like matte finish as opposed to flat.
Any help with either ?
==
I love my power roller--especially great for ceilings. It is very fast, no
ladder needed, no drips.
Wouldn't use anything else.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Any recommendation as far as best brand to buy?
I need to do some painting this spring and at 70 it's getting tough to do ceilings. I was looking at -first a power roller -and next the new goes on violet and drys white? paint . ( would like matte finish as opposed to flat. Any help with either ?
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote
Any recommendation as far as best brand to buy?
==
Mine's a Wagner.
==
==
"Ktech" wrote
I need to do some painting this spring and at 70 it's getting tough to do
ceilings. I was looking at -first a power roller -and next the new goes on
violet and drys white? paint . ( would like matte finish as opposed to flat.
Any help with either ?
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ktech wrote:
I need to do some painting this spring and at 70 it's getting tough to
do ceilings. I was looking at -first a power roller -and next the new
goes on violet and drys white? paint . ( would like matte finish as
opposed to flat. Any help with either ?
Frank

Glidden makes the "goes on pink, dries white" ceiling paint...but in my
experience a really good ceiling paint - like Behr - is so white
compared to the old ceiling, you won't have any problem knowing where
you've painted or whether you missed a spot.
I figure if the paint ain't white enough to tell the difference, you've
got the wrong paint.
Just my opinion.

Sprayer versus roller versus power roller [email protected] Home Repair 15 February 3rd 07 02:26 AM
Roller Cleaning John UK diy 11 July 28th 06 01:11 AM
Opinions : Wagner Power Roller Quicktouch Jean Home Repair 5 November 8th 05 06:04 PM
Roller chain Scott Metalworking 3 February 22nd 05 11:20 PM
Ring Roller S_Riddle Metalworking 1 February 28th 04 03:34 PM