Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower stall door leaks water

Its the usual shower stall with a frosted door about 5' high.

I have tried everything I could think of i.e. caulking, bathroom
strips but the problem doesn't seem to go away...everytime we use the
shower stall, water is leaking out from the bottom. I have tried to
plug all chinks I can see with even drywall spackle but in vain.

There IS a small 0.25" clearance gap between the shower stall door and
threshold, there is a metal lip that should let the water slide back
into the stall but some of it still leaks out and wets the bathroom
carpets which leaves a musty smell and a mess outside...

Any ideas/tips welcome. Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 2, 11:47 am, " wrote:
Its the usual shower stall with a frosted door about 5' high.

I have tried everything I could think of i.e. caulking, bathroom
strips but the problem doesn't seem to go away...everytime we use the
shower stall, water is leaking out from the bottom. I have tried to
plug all chinks I can see with even drywall spackle but in vain.

There IS a small 0.25" clearance gap between the shower stall door and
threshold, there is a metal lip that should let the water slide back
into the stall but some of it still leaks out and wets the bathroom
carpets which leaves a musty smell and a mess outside...

Any ideas/tips welcome. Thanks!

If You tried waterproof materials and treated every possible leak You
can see,how about what You ca'nt see? Have You lifted the doors out
and inspected the bottom of the track? If it is damaged I do'nt know
of any repair other than replacement..The bottom track should catch
water and channel it back into the tub.