Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Shower stall door leaks water

Drywall is not water proof. Caulk is.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Its the usual shower stall with a frosted door about 5' high.

I have tried everything I could think of i.e. caulking, bathroom
strips but the problem doesn't seem to go away...everytime we use the
shower stall, water is leaking out from the bottom. I have tried to
plug all chinks I can see with even drywall spackle but in vain.

There IS a small 0.25" clearance gap between the shower stall door and
threshold, there is a metal lip that should let the water slide back
into the stall but some of it still leaks out and wets the bathroom
carpets which leaves a musty smell and a mess outside...

Any ideas/tips welcome. Thanks!