Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Waterproof basement walls first or floor???

I have some minor cracks in my basement foundation that need fixin'
Afterward, I'm giving the concrete 28 days to dry.

However, while the concrete dries, I'm also going to seal the joint
between the basement wall and foundation. Any recommendations on what
product I should use. I know Drylock and Quikrete have products.

Then when I'm done with these two steps, do I do Drylock the walls
first or apply an epoxy finish to the basement foundation first.
Suggestions appreciated.

TIA,
Steven

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 29, 9:34�pm, "BlinnPR" wrote:
I have some minor cracks in my basement foundation that need fixin'
Afterward, I'm giving the concrete 28 days to dry.

However, while the concrete dries, I'm also going to seal the joint
between the basement wall and foundation. *Any recommendations on what
product I should use. *I know Drylock and Quikrete have products.

Then when I'm done with these two steps, do I do Drylock the walls
first or apply an epoxy finish to the basement foundation first.
Suggestions appreciated.

TIA,
Steven

If you have ANY water coming in add a interior french drain and sump
pump or gravity drain to daylight.

Drylock paint will BUBBLE if water is in wall.

Then do the walls first, then epoxy the floor, although honestly
concrete isnt meant to be painted with anything!

Posted to alt.home.repair

BlinnPR wrote:
I have some minor cracks in my basement foundation that need fixin'
Afterward, I'm giving the concrete 28 days to dry.

However, while the concrete dries, I'm also going to seal the joint
between the basement wall and foundation. Any recommendations on what
product I should use. I know Drylock and Quikrete have products.

Then when I'm done with these two steps, do I do Drylock the walls
first or apply an epoxy finish to the basement foundation first.
Suggestions appreciated.

TIA,
Steven

Concrete cures it does not dry. OK minor point.

Are you having or do you expect moisture problems? What is the
situation with your neighbors?

If you don't have a moisture problem, don't try and fix it. If you do
have a moisture problem, you are doing it backasswards. To fix or prevent a
moisture problem you work from the outside in.

1. Make sure the ground level slopes away from your home at least 10
feet (20 is far better) in ALL directions.
2. Provide a drain solution to any water that does accumulate at the
wall
3. Waterproof the OUTSIDE of the basement wall.
4. Use a standard sump pump installation.
5. If that does not do it, nothing you paint or caulk on the inside is
going to do any good.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 6:56 am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
BlinnPR wrote:
[...]

To the above I would add it's impossible to give advice on this kind
of question without knowing the history, what problem you're trying to
solve, and what the final objective is.

Waterproof my basement lrbtav Home Repair 7 January 19th 07 12:51 AM
Finishing Basement - best way to DIY waterproof Woodchuck34 Home Repair 16 May 19th 06 04:20 AM
Finishing Basement: Fastening Exterior Walls to Floor [email protected] Home Repair 20 April 3rd 06 05:52 PM
Basement walls mamamia1901 Home Repair 1 December 13th 04 08:01 PM
Waterproof temporary floor covering REPOSTED Bioboffin UK diy 3 October 5th 04 02:04 AM