Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Old Agway Riding Mower

I have an old riding mower that needs several parts. Searching the
web has come up with nothing. It says Agway and Sabre on the hood
along with 11/36. The model number is 320-58 and date says 0245. Has
a Briggs and Stratton 400cc 11HP motor. Its a ugly color orange and
if I had to guess it was made around the mid 1980's.
The pulley for the blade has been stripped and was welded back on but
that weld didnt hold too long. Now the two blades arent exactly
even. The control arm for the front tire is bent and causes a really
sharp left turn or a really wide right turn.
I could monkey it all back together but if I could buy the parts, that
way I wont have to spend more time fixing the mower than actually
mowing the lawn.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"spongehead" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an old riding mower that needs several parts. Searching the
web has come up with nothing. It says Agway and Sabre on the hood
along with 11/36. The model number is 320-58 and date says 0245. Has
a Briggs and Stratton 400cc 11HP motor. Its a ugly color orange and
if I had to guess it was made around the mid 1980's.
The pulley for the blade has been stripped and was welded back on but
that weld didnt hold too long. Now the two blades arent exactly
even. The control arm for the front tire is bent and causes a really
sharp left turn or a really wide right turn.
I could monkey it all back together but if I could buy the parts, that
way I wont have to spend more time fixing the mower than actually
mowing the lawn.

Junk it. I've got a few Agways - 2 running and 2 more not running. Old
machines of that quality are not worth anything. Now if it was a John
Deere, Wheelhorse , Cub Cadet, etc it would be worth fixing. I'm surprised
it says "Sabre" on the hood. I don't recall that name being associated with
Agway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Junk it. I've got a few Agways - 2 running and 2 more not running. Old
machines of that quality are not worth anything. Now if it was a John
Deere, Wheelhorse , Cub Cadet, etc it would be worth fixing. I'm surprised
it says "Sabre" on the hood. I don't recall that name being associated with
Agway.

Wish I had 1200 bucks to get a new one. How about hooking me up with
some parts if compatable?

Posted to alt.home.repair

spongehead wrote:
I have an old riding mower that needs several parts. Searching the
web has come up with nothing. It says Agway and Sabre on the hood
along with 11/36. The model number is 320-58 and date says 0245. Has
a Briggs and Stratton 400cc 11HP motor. Its a ugly color orange and
if I had to guess it was made around the mid 1980's.
The pulley for the blade has been stripped and was welded back on but
that weld didnt hold too long. Now the two blades arent exactly
even. The control arm for the front tire is bent and causes a really
sharp left turn or a really wide right turn.
I could monkey it all back together but if I could buy the parts, that
way I wont have to spend more time fixing the mower than actually
mowing the lawn.

Agway mowers were sold with two different names that I know of, because
I bought two of them. There may be other names. One was 'Southern
States' and was green, and the other "Agway" which was red. I bought one
(SS) in 1985, and the other (Ag)in 1995. Both were Murrays. I still have
the Agway model.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 28 Mar 2007 13:29:14 -0700, "spongehead"
wrote:

I have an old riding mower that needs several parts. Searching the
web has come up with nothing. It says Agway and Sabre on the hood
along with 11/36. The model number is 320-58 and date says 0245. Has
a Briggs and Stratton 400cc 11HP motor. Its a ugly color orange and
if I had to guess it was made around the mid 1980's.
The pulley for the blade has been stripped and was welded back on but
that weld didnt hold too long. Now the two blades arent exactly

Weld it again/Do a better job/excuse to buy a welder.

even. The control arm for the front tire is bent and causes a really

Take it off and bend it back. Maybe heat it to bend easier. Use a
hammer or maybe clamp two halves boards each?

sharp left turn or a really wide right turn.
I could monkey it all back together but if I could buy the parts, that
way I wont have to spend more time fixing the mower than actually
mowing the lawn.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"spongehead" wrote in message
oups.com...

Junk it. I've got a few Agways - 2 running and 2 more not running. Old
machines of that quality are not worth anything. Now if it was a John
Deere, Wheelhorse , Cub Cadet, etc it would be worth fixing. I'm
surprised
it says "Sabre" on the hood. I don't recall that name being associated
with
Agway.

Wish I had 1200 bucks to get a new one. How about hooking me up with
some parts if compatable?

A 36" rider doesn't cost $1200 new. Buy a used similar to yours for $150 -
$200. I'd be very happy to get $200 for my 11 HP Agway - and it comes with
a snowplow too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"spongehead" wrote in message
oups.com...

Junk it. I've got a few Agways - 2 running and 2 more not running. Old
machines of that quality are not worth anything. Now if it was a John
Deere, Wheelhorse , Cub Cadet, etc it would be worth fixing. I'm
surprised
it says "Sabre" on the hood. I don't recall that name being associated
with
Agway.

Wish I had 1200 bucks to get a new one. How about hooking me up with
some parts if compatable?

A 36" rider doesn't cost $1200 new. Buy a used similar to yours for
$150 -
$200. I'd be very happy to get $200 for my 11 HP Agway - and it comes
with
a snowplow too.

Go to my blog
http://360.yahoo.com/srgntbilko Click to view the complete blog. You should
see my "blogroll" on the lower left. The top of the 3 entries is "Flickr".
That is where my pictures are. Click on Flickr. Scroll down and you'll see
the 18 HP twin Agway with mower deck, snowblower, chains and wheel weights
that I paid $300 for.