Posted to alt.home.repair
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Default Riding mower won't start

Just went to start up my Dixon ZTR for the first time of the season.
The solenoid clicks, but nothing turns over.

The battery measures 11.3 VDC, and the headlights are bright.

Do I need to charge the battery, or is there something else wrong?

If I charge the battery, can I connect the charger directly to both
terminals of the battery, or do I need to connect the negative line to
the chassis somewhere, like I do with my car during the winter?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

11.3 volts is not 12, though it is close is, its not enough. The battery
should be reading somewhere around 12.5-12.7. Charge the battery and see
what you get.

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair

you might try adding a few capfulls of octane boost from your local
auto supply.
-m

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

11.3 is totally dead. 11.89 is dead.

Thanks...that's all it was. Started up fine now.