Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anybody Had Experience With This Cheap Grinder?

An inquire was made on A Harbor freight grinder and to this I say:

I have the HF grinder with the large wet stone and the 6' high speed
wheel and it works fine for knife/chisel sharpening but I prefer my
Wilton 8" for heavy work.
See if you can find the 137-s catalog. There is A 15% off coupon on
the back cover for any single item. I got mine in the mail but they
might be available in the store.
You have my sympathy for your loss. 3 years ago last November my shop
was cleaned out to the tune of 3 grand and because most of my equipment
came from 20+ years of auction scrounging and I had no recepts the
insurance co. told me they would only pay pro rated cost which pushed my
loss below my deductible. I was also informed by the adjuster that I
would be dropped as a customer when my policy was up for renewal if I
submitted A clame!
As far as living in the country and being able to defend your
property: In A word, don't count on it! I live 50 miles from A major
city and got hit twice in the 12 years I have lived here and when I told
the sheriff he could collect the next batch of crack smoking /meth
shooting morons that I found on my place with his meat wagon he nearly
busted me for terroristic threats!
John Wayne must be spinning in his grave!!

Good Luck!
H.R.

"If your mind goes blank don't forget to turn off the sound."
Red Green

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

Some good advice, also is to not tell folks you will be out of town.
Of course I trust my neighbor with this information.

That's like sex partners. Do you trust the people your neighbor tells?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24 Mar 2007 23:59:20 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

wrote in news:20631-4605AB9D-548@storefull-
3315.bay.webtv.net:

As far as living in the country and being able to defend your
property: In A word, don't count on it! I live 50 miles from A major
city and got hit twice in the 12 years I have lived here and when I told
the sheriff he could collect the next batch of crack smoking /meth
shooting morons that I found on my place with his meat wagon he nearly
busted me for terroristic threats!
John Wayne must be spinning in his grave!!

Good Luck!

That's why you never TELL people in advance what you plan to do to
thieves/intruders,just DO it when the time comes,and tell the police you
feared for your life/safety.

*Don't shoot them in the back.*

Back in the day, farmers shot folks in the ASS with a 12ga round full
of "rock-salt".

I'm lucky in my area. Six cops/current/former live in just four
houses adjacent me.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 20:02:52 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Oren wrote:

Some good advice, also is to not tell folks you will be out of town.
Of course I trust my neighbor with this information.

That's like sex partners. Do you trust the people your neighbor tells?

In this rare case they have "pillow-talk" amongst themselves. They are
Local Cops. I'm not scared to trust them; nor, to out-right tell him I
shoot crooks in my space. I have good neighbors. Lucky me....

--
Oren