Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anybody Had Experience With This Cheap Grinder?

On Mar 23, 6:57 pm, Ken Hall wrote:
My garage was robbed yesterday and they stole over $1000 of tools. I
had collected these over years so I didn't buy them at once and I
can't afford to replace them all at once with the quality I had. In
fact, I'll never be able to afford to replace the drill press with the
same quality. So, I'm going to have to make do with cheaper versions
and upgrade to better ones over time.

Probably the tool I use most is a bench grinder, so I've focused on it
first. Has anybody had any experience with this grinder?

Yes, I know, Harbor Freight, but it's the best price I can find on a
grinder right now.

-- Ken

Sorry about that. I know how you feel since I have been there. My
tools now reside in the house with me at least a many as I can fit,
hehe. Please upgrade your security before making further investments
in tools. I am too polite to say the things I think and feel about
someone who would steal a man's tools. They are below garbage.

I also purchased this large storage chest for outdoor storage of my
gear. I can't tell you how it is locked because it is a secret but
suffice to say is is well locked. It would also serve you in an
indoor location perhaps bolted to the floor. Link:

http://www.knaackbox.com/main_invent...aack_boxes.htm

If you need a grinder then by all means buy a cheap one. That thing
is so cheap I don't see how you could go wrong. I have not used it
myself. Check pawn shops and auctions for cheap prices as well. Best
of luck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Lawrence" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yes, by all means check the local pawn shops, as many as you can get to and
as many times as you can visit over the next few months - you might be able
to find exactly the same make & quality tools you are now missing......
;-)