Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas Stove F-3 error code

My sister has a Magic Chef gas stove and has a F-3 error code
displayed. I think lightning ran in the house because she had a tv and
cordless phones zapped at same time the stoved displayed the error code.
I did a Google search and it said "defective oven temperature sensor",
Anyone know where the sensor is located and is it easy to replace. I
checked the oven and did not see it. Any help will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 23:49:01 -0500, (William)
wrote:

My sister has a Magic Chef gas stove and has a F-3 error code
displayed. I think lightning ran in the house because she had a tv and
cordless phones zapped at same time the stoved displayed the error code.
I did a Google search and it said "defective oven temperature sensor",

I'm not a pro and I don't work on Magic Chef at all, or any electronic
oven.

But... Whenever there is a code, one should think not defective
in-this-case-sensor, but defective sensor circuit.

People in the auto lists often don't notice the warning that almost
every code refers to a circuit, not a particular part in the circuit.

Now the parts in this circuit are the sensor, two wires, and some part
of the circuit board, including an IC. Given that it is lightening,
my amateur opinion is that you won't be able to test, find, or replace
the IC so you will have to replace the circuit board, i.e. the control
board. it is more likely to be the circuit board.

Years ago, I had a friend who had lightning strike nearby and she lost
2 electronic telephnoes, the refrigerator I think, and a fancy
microwave. iIRC the display didn't display, and I bought the board
and saved some money over buying new (although I probably could have
bought used.) I really had no use for the thing, becuase I still had
an Amana model 2, and was lucky that my sister-in-law wanted it.

Anyone know where the sensor is located and is it easy to replace. I
checked the oven and did not see it. Any help will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I don't know if homeowners
insurance covers this or not, or if you should make a claim if it
does. And I keep thinking microwave, but this is a whole stove.

error code on a/c J.Lef Home Repair 2 June 25th 06 07:41 PM
Frigidaire FWS648 electric stove error code [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 February 17th 06 03:14 PM
error code on oven Szeifried Home Repair 19 December 1st 05 11:33 PM
Hotpoint Error code help Kim UK diy 1 February 28th 05 07:06 PM
blower keeps running on 383KAV gas furnace - error code is 33 Thomas Miller Home Repair 10 October 12th 04 01:05 AM