Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pebble Tec repair for swimming pool

I want to know what the process is for repairing Pebble Tec and advice
from anyone who has had the ssame problem as I am having with Pebble
Tec coming off of the pools bench corners. My pool is about 7 years
old and has three kidney bean shaped steps and two benches in the
pool. On almost eveery bench and step on the outer radius on these
ledges the pebble tec is coming off. The rest of the pebble tec
surface in the pool looks fine and has no cracks. I want to get it
repaired but am having a hard time finding someone that can/will do
this type of work in the Phoenix AZ area. Has anyone out there had
their Pebble Tec repaired and what was your experience?

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.diyforums.net/forums/home...-websites.html

wrote in message
oups.com...
|I want to know what the process is for repairing Pebble Tec and advice
| from anyone who has had the ssame problem as I am having with Pebble
| Tec coming off of the pools bench corners. My pool is about 7 years
| old and has three kidney bean shaped steps and two benches in the
| pool. On almost eveery bench and step on the outer radius on these
| ledges the pebble tec is coming off. The rest of the pebble tec
| surface in the pool looks fine and has no cracks. I want to get it
| repaired but am having a hard time finding someone that can/will do
| this type of work in the Phoenix AZ area. Has anyone out there had
| their Pebble Tec repaired and what was your experience?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Don is offline

Prado and Son, Cal Plastering are two that install Pebble Tec in Phx and I
think that there are others, check with Pebble Tec's website.

"Raevenwolf" wrote in message
http://www.diyforums.net/forums/home...-websites.html

wrote in message
oups.com...
|I want to know what the process is for repairing Pebble Tec and advice
| from anyone who has had the ssame problem as I am having with Pebble
| Tec coming off of the pools bench corners. My pool is about 7 years
| old and has three kidney bean shaped steps and two benches in the
| pool. On almost eveery bench and step on the outer radius on these
| ledges the pebble tec is coming off. The rest of the pebble tec
| surface in the pool looks fine and has no cracks. I want to get it
| repaired but am having a hard time finding someone that can/will do
| this type of work in the Phoenix AZ area. Has anyone out there had
| their Pebble Tec repaired and what was your experience?

Posted to alt.home.repair

weewilly had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ol-202262-.htm
:

-------------------------------------
wrote:

I want to know what the process is for repairing Pebble Tec and advice
from anyone who has had the ssame problem as I am having with Pebble
Tec coming off of the pools bench corners. My pool is about 7 years
old and has three kidney bean shaped steps and two benches in the
pool. On almost eveery bench and step on the outer radius on these
ledges the pebble tec is coming off. The rest of the pebble tec
surface in the pool looks fine and has no cracks. I want to get it
repaired but am having a hard time finding someone that can/will do
this type of work in the Phoenix AZ area. Has anyone out there had
their Pebble Tec repaired and what was your experience?

I live in Sun city West and have the same problem in a large outdoor spa
(about 800 Gallons) which we leave empty during our absences for about 4
-5 months in the summer. Actually we rarely use the spa or heat it up.
Occasionally we crank it up for guests or let grandkids play in it in
spring.

I just have a crack about a foot long on the corner of one bench. Our spa
is about 12 years old (we have owned it for only 5 years) It looks to me
as if the underlying concrete is ok and the pebblecrete has just pulled
away at the bench corner.

Leslie Pool supplies sells a white Portland cement compound for patching
pools. After browsing and searching and failing to find answers I am about
to try the patch compound. It won't look so good but if neatly done the
patch should not scratch or cut the ass or legs of people sitting on the
bench.

This stuccocompany.com site is kind of kluggy!! My address is

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

NPT's StoneScapes is a better product than PebbleTec. StoneScapes gives your pool or spa the natural beauty of a pebble-bottomed stream with a StoneScapes pool finish. An inviting selection of colors and textures allow pool owners to express their unique style. StoneScapes combines artistry with durability and comfort to create the perfect finish for any pool or spa.
Junior Member

Pebble Tech is not difficult to fresh as long as the pool pump and filter are functional and you have a coarse pool brush.The most important thing in repairing pebble tec is that keep chlorine out of your Pebble Tec pool until all other pool chemicals are perfectly balanced.