Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default New Makita screwdriver/impact

FYI,

http://www.makitauk.com/index.php?page=36&catid=81&open=81#

Picked one up at my local Ace store but it seems that they are mostly
available in Europe. (Note the above link is Makita, UK; couldn't find it on
USA Makita site).

It's technically an impact driver, but I use it to drive and remove difficult
philips screws. 1/4" hex bit quick-release collar (lift up to unlock the
bit).

It's quite nice, although 2000rpm (single-speed, not dual) is a bit fast to
just drive in wall switch and receptacle screws.

7.2v, 1Ah Li-Ion batteries about the size of a medium-size bar of soap.

And the one I got is white! Well, kind of light gray, but not the Makita
blue-green.

Soft case with 2 batteries, charger, bits, 1/8"twist drill.

US$100.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 10, 4:07 pm, SparkyGuy wrote:
FYI,

http://www.makitauk.com/index.php?page=36&catid=81&open=81#

Picked one up at my local Ace store but it seems that they are mostly
available in Europe. (Note the above link is Makita, UK; couldn't find it on
USA Makita site).

It's technically an impact driver, but I use it to drive and remove difficult
philips screws. 1/4" hex bit quick-release collar (lift up to unlock the
bit).

It's quite nice, although 2000rpm (single-speed, not dual) is a bit fast to
just drive in wall switch and receptacle screws.

7.2v, 1Ah Li-Ion batteries about the size of a medium-size bar of soap.

And the one I got is white! Well, kind of light gray, but not the Makita blue-green.

Soft case with 2 batteries, charger, bits, 1/8"twist drill.

US$100.

Lots of these on the market now. Look at the selection in Amazon.com
for an overview. Leaning towards the Bosch 12V for my next big
project.

Joe

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Joe sez:

Lots of these on the market now. Look at the selection in Amazon.com
for an overview. Leaning towards the Bosch 12V for my next big
project.

Search for TD020D and nothing comes up.

Here's the page for the screwdriver (Makita UK web site wouldn't show it
before...) :

http://www.makitauk.com/index.php?sp...d=1664&ca tid
=81

This doesn't use the same old huge 7.2v NiCd batteries they've been using for
decades. These are small 2-cell lithium packs.

Bosch makes good drills. I had the first 14.4 cordless and it lasted for
years. Still have it.

Sparky