Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless Phone Battery & V-Tech ?

Hi,

Probably a bit OT, but figured you folks would undoubtedly know.
What a great Forum, and folkks that hang out here and are always so helpful.

Have a V-Tech cordless phone.
Quite old.

Is this made by Uniden ?
V Tech still in business ?

Have to replace the rechargeable battery in the handset part of it.

They have a big sticker on it to use only a V Tech battery, No. xxx

Is this just adverising, or can I safely use one from R/S/ that supposedly
is equivalent.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Bob,

Look in your yellow pages for a battery store like Batteries Plus. They can
make a battery to fit your phone.

cm

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

Probably a bit OT, but figured you folks would undoubtedly know.
What a great Forum, and folkks that hang out here and are always so
helpful.

Have a V-Tech cordless phone.
Quite old.

Is this made by Uniden ?
V Tech still in business ?

Have to replace the rechargeable battery in the handset part of it.

They have a big sticker on it to use only a V Tech battery, No. xxx

Is this just adverising, or can I safely use one from R/S/ that supposedly
is equivalent.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

Probably a bit OT, but figured you folks would undoubtedly know.
What a great Forum, and folkks that hang out here and are always so
helpful.
Have a V-Tech cordless phone.
Quite old.

Is this made by Uniden ?
V Tech still in business ?

Have to replace the rechargeable battery in the handset part of it.

They have a big sticker on it to use only a V Tech battery, No. xxx

Is this just adverising, or can I safely use one from R/S/ that
supposedly is equivalent.

Thanks,
Bob

I also suggest stopping by your local Batteries Plus and bring the
phone.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 10, 7:38 am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

Probably a bit OT, but figured you folks would undoubtedly know.
What a great Forum, and folkks that hang out here and are always so
helpful.
Have a V-Tech cordless phone.
Quite old.

Is this made by Uniden ?
V Tech still in business ?

Have to replace the rechargeable battery in the handset part of it.

They have a big sticker on it to use only a V Tech battery, No. xxx

Is this just adverising, or can I safely use one from R/S/ that
supposedly is equivalent.

Thanks,
Bob

I also suggest stopping by your local Batteries Plus and bring the
phone.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit- Hide quoted text -

If it were my phone, I'd use any battery that is indicated as being a
replacement. I'd also look on Ebay, as most times you can find this
kind of thing there with a lot less time and hassle than locally.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 07:03:40 -0500, Robert11 wrote:

Hi,

Probably a bit OT, but figured you folks would undoubtedly know.
What a great Forum, and folkks that hang out here and are always so helpful.

Have a V-Tech cordless phone.
Quite old.

Is this made by Uniden ?
V Tech still in business ?

Have to replace the rechargeable battery in the handset part of it.

They have a big sticker on it to use only a V Tech battery, No. xxx

Is this just adverising, or can I safely use one from R/S/ that supposedly
is equivalent.

Thanks,
Bob

any compatible battery will do. there are rechargeable battery stores to
be found online. I hear about them all the time from the cordless drill
folks. perhaps a google can find you a good place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

I also suggest stopping by your local Batteries Plus
and bring the phone.

This is EXCELLENT advice. Always bring the old battery AND the phone when
shopping for a replacement battery. There is a HUGE number of different
batteries. Going to a battery store will probably be less confusing if a bit
more expensive than *IF* you were able to find it at Wal-Mart.

Also, be sure to consider the "net" price of a replacement/new phone after
having subtracted the final cost of a replacement battery for the OLD phone.
It's likely that, for only a few $$ more, one could get a new phone with a
warranty.
--

JR

Mean Evil Bell System
Historical Society
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

Hi,

Probably a bit OT, but figured you folks would undoubtedly know.
What a great Forum, and folkks that hang out here and are always so helpful.

Have a V-Tech cordless phone.
Quite old.

Is this made by Uniden ?
V Tech still in business ?

Have to replace the rechargeable battery in the handset part of it.

They have a big sticker on it to use only a V Tech battery, No. xxx

Is this just adverising, or can I safely use one from R/S/ that supposedly
is equivalent.

I have a set of 3 V-tech phones and they take a battery with the
contacts on the side instead of the end. Radio Shack has, usually in
stock, exactly one battery like that and it fits fine. Oh yes, their
in-store on-line battery substitution manual retrieves the same model.

The only question left is whether R/s batteries are of the same value
or the same value for the money, but no one so far has said they're
not.

BTW, some of their models also accept a battery in the base station,
where it will charge but apparently also keeps the memory working in
power failures. But I wouldn't buy a second battery until I was
satisfied with how it works.

I bought my set of 3 for 2 dollars total, and one base station and 2
phones don't work, and the phone that works sounds bad even to me when
I'm listening. Of course that's why it was for sale and so cheap.
Others say theirs work well.

I think I saw some for sale last month.

Another problem with having no on/off switch on a cordless phone is
that when one is not using the phone, it still has a drain on it, and
gets deader and deader and deadeer. While it is wise to take
batteries out of flashlights and more expensive things, in CASE the
batteries leak, it seems one MUST take the batteries out of things
that are always on but not plugged in or chargign, or one is sure to
drain the battery. Cordless phones should have on/off switches and
for the last several years they don't.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

I also suggest stopping by your local Batteries Plus
and bring the phone.

This is EXCELLENT advice. Always bring the old battery AND the phone when
shopping for a replacement battery. There is a HUGE number of different
batteries. Going to a battery store will probably be less confusing if a bit
more expensive than *IF* you were able to find it at Wal-Mart.

Also, be sure to consider the "net" price of a replacement/new phone after
having subtracted the final cost of a replacement battery for the OLD phone.
It's likely that, for only a few $$ more, one could get a new phone with a
warranty.

& better features, better battery, better range, better noise reduction,
better adjacent channel rejection, better security, more channels...

And probably more superlatives in a new phone. The V-Tech was a cheap
one in the day.

Rob
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:10:24 -0500, mm
wrote:

I think I saw some for sale last month.

I mixed that up. I saw an ad for one last month in a magazine that
was 20 years old!!