Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default NiMh battery in a cordless phone that has NiCad as standard ?

The NiCds (600-maH) have died in a cordless phone. Can anyone think of
any problems replacing with NiMhs. I just happen to have some NiMhs
and no NiCds.

The phone is a BT Synergy something.

TIA,

Jon C.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
I have one charger that gives minimal suggestions on charging times;
but another -- nothing.

A half decent charger should cut out after the battery is charged or go to
a maintenance charge - but don't expect this with a cheap power tool.
There are types available which will cope with different numbers of cells
and both Ni-Cad and NiMH. Mascot is one make.
This might also help.

http://www.rcepi.com/battery_charging_tips.htm

--
*Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.