Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window brands - info needed

I live in central Florida and I'm looking into replacing the windows
(single pane, single hung, bronzed aluminum frame) in my house. Because of
HOA restrictions, the replacement windows have to have bronzed aluminum
frames, which really limits the brands I can use.

The estimators that I've had come by have mentioned 3 brands : PGT, Alenco,
and Florida Extruders. I'm familiar with PGT, but have never heard of the
other two brands. Has anyone had any experience with any of the 3 mentioned
brands?

Thanks for any info,

Jean

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jean wrote:
I live in central Florida and I'm looking into replacing the windows
(single pane, single hung, bronzed aluminum frame) in my house.
Because of HOA restrictions, the replacement windows have to have
bronzed aluminum frames, which really limits the brands I can use.

The estimators that I've had come by have mentioned 3 brands : PGT,
Alenco, and Florida Extruders. I'm familiar with PGT, but have
never heard of the other two brands. Has anyone had any experience
with any of the 3 mentioned brands?

PGT, no problems. No experience with the others.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 9, 9:00 am, "Jean" wrote:
I live in central Florida and I'm looking into replacing the windows
(single pane, single hung, bronzed aluminum frame) in my house. Because of
HOA restrictions, the replacement windows have to have bronzed aluminum
frames, which really limits the brands I can use.

The estimators that I've had come by have mentioned 3 brands : PGT, Alenco,
and Florida Extruders. I'm familiar with PGT, but have never heard of the
other two brands. Has anyone had any experience with any of the 3 mentioned
brands?

Never heard of those. Many companies are making good windows. I
would look at how long they have been in business and what type of
warranty is offered.