Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,az.politics,triangle.general,neworleans.general

Default Legal Americans of ALL Nationalities..TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY

On Mar 9, 5:33 am, wrote:
If you know of employers who hire ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS of ANY
NATIONALITY....write your Mayor, your Governor, your local and State
Representatives, and Senators ...and turn that business in. It's easy
to write a simple letter about the matter, and easy to find the postal
and email addresses on the 'net.
There are Legal Americans able to work those jobs that are NOT getting
a chance to do so. And please, contract with LOCALLY BASED businesses
in your residential area to keep your money spent in YOUR COMMUNITY.

Consider the house-roofing "industry"....After the hurricanes in
Florida in 2004, I needed new roof-shingles. The home was 10 years
old, and I had lost many but luckily did not sustain any further
damage from wind/water. I contracted with a roofer who was working in
my area, meeting with his Caucasian 'sales representative' to make the
deal. (Actually, it wasn't any 'deal": $11,300 for re-shingling a 2600
sq. ft home, but paid for by State Farm Insurance).

On the day that the work started, 12 Hispanic workers showed up, and
only the 'group leader' spoke any English and limited at that. I
didn't see the Caucasian agent again until the work was completed,
inspected, and he came to get the check. I wasn't even THINKING about
illegal immigrants back then, but now I wonder how many of the workers
up on my roff those 2 days may have been ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS and how
many of those positions could/should have been filled by local, or at
least LEGAL workers. I found out later that the roofing contractor
was really based in Oklahoma, had only come into the area to do storm-
damage work, and was long gone from the area within the following
year. In hindsight, I SHOULD have contracted with a LOCALLY BASED
roofing contractor to keep the money "at home", rather than having a
good portion of it (I'm sure) sent out of the country. Next time, I
will insist that all workers that show up on MY job-sight show PROOF
OF LEGAL CITIZENSHIP.

NOW I KNOW BETTER NOWand SO DO YOU.

FYI

greg