Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing Fake Wood Strip Floor

My front hall has sheets of wood veneer on the floor that is painted
or printed to look like wood strips. A friend suggested that the
easiest way to remove this is using an air hammer with a very wide
blade attached (assuming it's glued.). The blade he's seen is self-
manufactured. Anyone know of a ready-made device like this?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

Here's one:

Thank you. Unfortunately, I can't generate 10 CFM. :-( I can manage
the 4 CFM that a small air hammer requires.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 8, 9:23 pm, "Greg Esres" wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Here's one:

Thank you. Unfortunately, I can't generate 10 CFM. :-( I can manage
the 4 CFM that a small air hammer requires.

Get a scraper blade by Old Forge from any auto parts place. The number
is OLD 1976. Ough to do exactly what you want.

Joe