A.D.C

Default removing DS tape from wood floor

Any ideas on how to remove double-sided tape from a hardwood floor without
ruining the finish? There was carpet in the laundry room and i pulled it
out because I didin't want moisture to build up under the rug. It was stuck
with DS tape. There is about a three foot strp that is stuck really, really
good. TIA.

G Henslee

A.D.C wrote:
Any ideas on how to remove double-sided tape from a hardwood floor without
ruining the finish? There was carpet in the laundry room and i pulled it
out because I didin't want moisture to build up under the rug. It was stuck
with DS tape. There is about a three foot strp that is stuck really, really
good. TIA.

removing tape from hardwood floor. (0.31 seconds)
http://home.ivillage.com/homeimprove...,,9l6d,00.html
dadiOH

A.D.C wrote:
Any ideas on how to remove double-sided tape from a hardwood floor
without ruining the finish? There was carpet in the laundry room and
i pulled it out because I didin't want moisture to build up under the
rug. It was stuck with DS tape. There is about a three foot strp
that is stuck really, really good. TIA.

Naptha (lighter fluid). Scrape with a credit card.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

No

Both responses may do the trick. Also Goof Off or Goo Off or some such brand
will also work.

The key, in my opinion. Is to try some in a spot that will not be seen. make
sure what ever you use will not harm the finish.