Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears Craftsman - Lights won't operate - door operates fine

I have recently replaced the light socket on my 10 year old Craftsman
139.53674SRT1 Garage Door Opener since the light never turns on.

Not when the beams are broken (safety functions properly) or when the
door opens - either via remote , keypad or wall switch.

Yes - I replaced the light bulbs as well and the wiring is correct -
LOL

Does anyone know what the next part to replace might be ??

Thanks !

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have recently replaced the light socket on my 10 year old Craftsman
139.53674SRT1 Garage Door Opener since the light never turns on.

Not when the beams are broken (safety functions properly) or when the
door opens - either via remote , keypad or wall switch.

Yes - I replaced the light bulbs as well and the wiring is correct -
LOL

Does anyone know what the next part to replace might be ??

Often, there is a relay that controls the light. When the door has been
open for several minutes and you break the beam, do you hear a click? If
you hear the click, you might be able to trace the wiring between the relay
and the fixture and perhaps find a bad connection or solder joint on a
printed circuit board.

Otherwise the relay, if there is one, could be bad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't know if Sears still does this but they used to have a heating
element to control the delay time on the light. It looked like a big wire
wound resistor with 2 forked lugs to fit under 2 screw heads. THe wire would
frequently open up and the light would stop working. A quick fix would be to
unwrap the wire enough to fit it under the screw head, The real fix was to
get a new element. Mine used to go out like clockwork

As I said the older Sears used to do this. I dont know know if they still
do.

ups.com...