Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Schuler Charles Schuler is offline

Default Sears Craftsman - Lights won't operate - door operates fine

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have recently replaced the light socket on my 10 year old Craftsman
139.53674SRT1 Garage Door Opener since the light never turns on.

Not when the beams are broken (safety functions properly) or when the
door opens - either via remote , keypad or wall switch.

Yes - I replaced the light bulbs as well and the wiring is correct -
LOL

Does anyone know what the next part to replace might be ??

Often, there is a relay that controls the light. When the door has been
open for several minutes and you break the beam, do you hear a click? If
you hear the click, you might be able to trace the wiring between the relay
and the fixture and perhaps find a bad connection or solder joint on a
printed circuit board.

Otherwise the relay, if there is one, could be bad.