Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Gas Range Clock question

Dear Group Members,

I have a GE Gas Slide-in Range, Model JGSP10GEK. The clock and the
control function of the range went dead yesterday i.e. the clock
doesn't have any power. Therefore, I cannot use the oven since I
cannot set the temperature and timing any more. The light inside the
oven seem to have power and the electronic ignition works and
therefore, I can use the stoves. Do you think I will need a new
clock?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Best regards.

Mds

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Dear Group Members,

I have a GE Gas Slide-in Range, Model JGSP10GEK. The clock and the
control function of the range went dead yesterday i.e. the clock
doesn't have any power. Therefore, I cannot use the oven since I
cannot set the temperature and timing any more. The light inside the
oven seem to have power and the electronic ignition works and
therefore, I can use the stoves. Do you think I will need a new
clock?

How did you test to see if it does not have power? Did you check the leads
going to it or are you saying that because it is not running?

You may also want to check out www.repairclinic.com for ideas and
troubleshooting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 2, 10:44 am, wrote:
Dear Group Members,

I have a GE Gas Slide-in Range, Model JGSP10GEK. The clock and the
control function of the range went dead yesterday i.e. the clock
doesn't have any power. Therefore, I cannot use the oven since I
cannot set the temperature and timing any more. The light inside the
oven seem to have power and the electronic ignition works and
therefore, I can use the stoves. Do you think I will need a new
clock?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Best regards.

Mds

First thing to try with any electronic device is unplug it for a while
and see what happens...

While it doesn't happen often you may get lucky. My brother did this
with his 'dead' microwave and it is still working 6 months later

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 2, 1:23 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Dear Group Members,

I have a GE Gas Slide-in Range, Model JGSP10GEK. The clock and the
control function of the range went dead yesterday i.e. the clock
doesn't have any power. Therefore, I cannot use the oven since I
cannot set the temperature and timing any more. The light inside the
oven seem to have power and the electronic ignition works and
therefore, I can use the stoves. Do you think I will need a new
clock?

How did you test to see if it does not have power? Did you check the leads
going to it or are you saying that because it is not running?

You may also want to check outwww.repairclinic.comfor ideas and
troubleshooting.

Actually, what I meant by clock not having power is that the clock
died and therefore, I the clock is not displaying time and I cannot
set the oven temperature, etc. to fire up the oven. Thanks.