Posted to alt.home.repair
Ash Ash is offline

Default Faulty clock in Viking electric range

The clock LED on the control panel did not display proper time. The
LEDs would all be lit so we could not see what the actual time or
settings were.

I tried powering off the range by pulling the plug out and then
plugging it back in. The display was still messed up. Today (Jan 30,
2007) we had a power failure around 7:30 a.m. and power must have
returned after 8:30 a.m. When we returned home in the evening, the
clock display had reset nicely and we were able to read numbers on the
LEDs.

Does anyone know how the clock got fixed? obviously the black out has
everything to do with it, but when I plugged the plug, I didn't have
any luck fixing it. What gives?