Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Installing a viking range hood external blower on tile roof.

I'm in the process of doing a kitchen remodel, during which I removed
an old flue that extended through the tile roof of my house.

Since I needed to repair that hold anyway, I'm opting for putting in a
900cfm viking range hood that uses an externally mounted blower.

My plan is to build up a box similar to that designed specified in the
installation guild for a
flat pitched roof, but have it follow the pitch of my room. this gets
the blower above the tiles.

I'm curious if anyone else has any experience with this type of blower
from viking. I want to
know what the physical box looks like. the box they specify you build
for a flat pitched roof
is basically a 2" thic, 7" high, open ended box. does the fan unit
screw into this box
and have flashing that overlaps the top of the box? anyone know?

you can see the directions at:

http://www.vikingrange.com/useandcare/f20222.pdf