Ralph D.

Default Another gas range question...

I forgot to add in my last post...

How much gas does a gas stove use in a year for an average small family? Is
it as heavy a draw as say a furnace, water heater or dryer?

Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ralph D." wrote in message
I forgot to add in my last post...

How much gas does a gas stove use in a year for an average small family?
Is
it as heavy a draw as say a furnace, water heater or dryer?

No where near that. I use propane that is much more costly than natural
gas. Last year it cost me about $90.

Chuck

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:50:44 -0800, Gino wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:59:24 -0500, "Ralph D." wrote:

I forgot to add in my last post...

How much gas does a gas stove use in a year for an average small family? Is
it as heavy a draw as say a furnace, water heater or dryer?

The average family these days 'cooks' almost everything in the microwave.
If you don't bake much your usage will be low.

If you DON'T have gas furnace, water heater etc.. Be advised that
using gas for one appliance cuts into the savings..
In previous home I had gas for heat, but nothing else.
During the months that no gas was used I still paid around $15 per
month for the privilege of having gas hooked up to house.
This was 10 years ago in NC
Having an "all gas" home gets you a discount on gas (maybe)
Having an "all electric" home gets you a discount on electricity
(around here anyway (South Carolina)
Having a mixture of appliances gets you NO discount and you still
pay the fees for the privilege of being a customer.
(I don't think clothes dryer was a requirement for either power or gas
companies for the discount, just heat, hot water, range)
Stormin Mormon

Gas stove oughta be nearly zero compared to the W.H.

Compared to furnace, depends on your climate, and furnace. But still
minimal.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ralph D." wrote in message
I forgot to add in my last post...

How much gas does a gas stove use in a year for an average small family? Is
it as heavy a draw as say a furnace, water heater or dryer?

Thanks

I noticed no difference in my gas bill after I connected up my gas
stove after going without for nearly a year. Then again, I live by
myself and mosty microwave....