Posted to alt.home.repair
Jo Jo is offline

Default Maytag side-by-side dripping water

I have a Maytag Refrigerator (model MSD2757AEB) that has started
dripping water today. I thought it might be the ice maker fill hose but
I've turned that off at the wall and it is still dripping. My next thought
is the defrosting. I pulled the shelves and there is a layer of ice in the
freezer against the back wall on a pice that appears to be removable
via some screws at the top. There are some sorts of slots in the piece
that have lots of ice. It does look like the slots still breathe though.
Both sides seem to work fine. I am sure that ice is a sign of something
but not sure what. Unfortunately it is dripping onto wood, so I am
trying to keep it dry until I can figure out how to fix it. Any help
would
be appreciated

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jo" wrote in message
I have a Maytag Refrigerator (model MSD2757AEB) that has started
dripping water today. I thought it might be the ice maker fill hose but
I've turned that off at the wall and it is still dripping. My next
thought
is the defrosting. I pulled the shelves and there is a layer of ice in
the
freezer against the back wall on a pice that appears to be removable
via some screws at the top. There are some sorts of slots in the piece
that have lots of ice. It does look like the slots still breathe though.
Both sides seem to work fine. I am sure that ice is a sign of something
but not sure what. Unfortunately it is dripping onto wood, so I am
trying to keep it dry until I can figure out how to fix it. Any help
would
be appreciated

Could be a few things You can find some diagnostic help at
www.applianceaid.com and www.repairclinic.com

Evaporator fan, defrost heater or timer, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jo Jo is offline

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"Jo" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, some more info, when I got up this morning, the refrigerator does
not seem cold. So I guess it its time to pop off the freezer cover and take
a look inside.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jo Jo is offline

"Jo" wrote in message
[...]

One last thing, mine has this adapative defrost controller. It does not
even
seem to have a screw to activate it. How do I go forward, or is it time to
call somebody and have a heater coil and defrost controller in hand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jo" wrote in message
Thanks, some more info, when I got up this morning, the refrigerator does
not seem cold. So I guess it its time to pop off the freezer cover and
take
a look inside.

One last thing, mine has this adapative defrost controller. It does not
even
seem to have a screw to activate it. How do I go forward, or is it time
call somebody and have a heater coil and defrost controller in hand.

Sounds like a frozen evaporator coil. You can remove the cover, let it
defrost and it will buy you a few days until it freezes again. If the fan
works, then it is probably the defrost system. If the fan does not work,
I'd replace that first.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:28:11 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Jo" wrote in message
Thanks, some more info, when I got up this morning, the refrigerator does
not seem cold. So I guess it its time to pop off the freezer cover and
take
a look inside.

One last thing, mine has this adapative defrost controller. It does not
even
seem to have a screw to activate it. How do I go forward, or is it time
call somebody and have a heater coil and defrost controller in hand.

Sounds like a frozen evaporator coil. You can remove the cover, let it
defrost and it will buy you a few days until it freezes again. If the fan
works, then it is probably the defrost system. If the fan does not work,
I'd replace that first.

Or take the mouse out of it.