Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag side-by-side dripping water

"Jo" wrote in message
I have a Maytag Refrigerator (model MSD2757AEB) that has started
dripping water today. I thought it might be the ice maker fill hose but
I've turned that off at the wall and it is still dripping. My next
thought
is the defrosting. I pulled the shelves and there is a layer of ice in
the
freezer against the back wall on a pice that appears to be removable
via some screws at the top. There are some sorts of slots in the piece
that have lots of ice. It does look like the slots still breathe though.
Both sides seem to work fine. I am sure that ice is a sign of something
but not sure what. Unfortunately it is dripping onto wood, so I am
trying to keep it dry until I can figure out how to fix it. Any help
would
be appreciated

Could be a few things You can find some diagnostic help at
www.applianceaid.com and www.repairclinic.com

Evaporator fan, defrost heater or timer, etc.