Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CFL question

I see single wattage CFLs and some made to act as a three-way lamp.

Is there such a thing as a dimmable CFL?

Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair

No they aren't dimmable

"Charlie Bress" wrote in message
. ..
I see single wattage CFLs and some made to act as a three-way lamp.

Is there such a thing as a dimmable CFL?

Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 25, 7:14 pm, "Gary Niskanen"
wrote:
No they aren't dimmable

"Charlie Bress" wrote in message

. ..

I see single wattage CFLs and some made to act as a three-way lamp.

Is there such a thing as a dimmable CFL?

Charlie

Not true. There are one specifically made to be dimmable. I think I
saw them in one of the last few issues of Fine Homebuilding. But, in
general, this is true. Standard CFL's aren't dimmable.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

In , Charlie Bress wrote:
I see single wattage CFLs and some made to act as a three-way lamp.

Is there such a thing as a dimmable CFL?

Yes, there is. Most are not dimmable but a few are.

Furthermore, the Philips 23 watt SLS comes in both dimmable and
non-dimmable versions. And the non-dimmable one is rated to withstand the
heat of recessed ceiling fixtures.

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 19:40:24 -0500, "Charlie Bress"
wrote:

I see single wattage CFLs and some made to act as a three-way lamp.

Is there such a thing as a dimmable CFL?

Charlie

Yes, the electronics to manage voltage has gotten smaller and I've
seen some cfl's advertised as Dimmible.

Might want to check with the big package stores, Lowes, Home Depot,
even WalMart.

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

CA may require CFL HeyBub Home Repair 13 February 10th 07 04:45 AM
GU10 CFL equivalents [email protected] UK diy 23 February 9th 07 01:17 PM
Tesco CFL John UK diy 2 December 31st 06 11:18 PM
CFL RO 80 style Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 9 December 24th 05 04:19 PM
Troubleshooting CFL Lamp Arthur Shapiro Home Repair 1 November 15th 05 09:37 PM