Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tub - Faucet Replacement Question

My tub has a separate faucet and handles, similar to this pictu
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...d1172396045390

The tub faucet is no longer diverting water to the shower because the
pull-up stopper has broken off. I want to replace this broken faucet
with a new one. Couple of questions:
1. How do I remove the existing tub faucet? I'm guessing just wrench
the facuet off?
2. How do I remove the existing water control handles?

Thanks!
Leo

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
My tub has a separate faucet and handles, similar to this pictu
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...d1172396045390

The tub faucet is no longer diverting water to the shower because the
pull-up stopper has broken off. I want to replace this broken faucet
with a new one. Couple of questions:
1. How do I remove the existing tub faucet? I'm guessing just wrench
the facuet off?
2. How do I remove the existing water control handles?

Thanks!
Leo

That link doesn't make clear what model you have.

Is the pull-up in the tub spout? If so, you can
replace just the spout. Some spouts screw on to
a threaded pipe, others slip on (no threads).

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:02:03 GMT, wrote:

My tub has a separate faucet and handles, similar to this pictu
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...d1172396045390

The part "sessionID" in the url above is, I think, a clue that this
will not work if you are not in the middle of your particular session.
For the rest of us it redirects, I think, to a page named

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...d1172396045390

OK, so that is character for character the same thing. 8~) Despite
that, I think the rest of what I said is right. It probably won't
even work for you again.

The tub faucet is no longer diverting water to the shower because the
pull-up stopper has broken off. I want to replace this broken faucet
with a new one. Couple of questions:
1. How do I remove the existing tub faucet? I'm guessing just wrench
the facuet off?
2. How do I remove the existing water control handles?

Thanks!
Leo

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 25, 3:02 pm, wrote:
My tub has a separate faucet and handles, similar to this pictuhttp://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...diy.jsp?BV_Ses...

The tub faucet is no longer diverting water to the shower because the
pull-up stopper has broken off. I want to replace this broken faucet
with a new one. Couple of questions:
1. How do I remove the existing tub faucet? I'm guessing just wrench
the facuet off?

10-4.

2. How do I remove the existing water control handles?

There's a screw fastening them to the stems. Pry off the covers.
-----

- gpsman

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25 Feb 2007 14:27:44 -0800, "gpsman"
wrote:

On Feb 25, 3:02 pm, wrote:
My tub has a separate faucet and handles, similar to this pictuhttp://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...diy.jsp?BV_Ses...

The tub faucet is no longer diverting water to the shower because the
pull-up stopper has broken off. I want to replace this broken faucet
with a new one. Couple of questions:
1. How do I remove the existing tub faucet? I'm guessing just wrench
the facuet off?

10-4.

2. How do I remove the existing water control handles?

There's a screw fastening them to the stems. Pry off the covers.
-----

- gpsman

Thanks, i'll give that a shot.