Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default Tub - Faucet Replacement Question

wrote:
My tub has a separate faucet and handles, similar to this pictu
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...d1172396045390

The tub faucet is no longer diverting water to the shower because the
pull-up stopper has broken off. I want to replace this broken faucet
with a new one. Couple of questions:
1. How do I remove the existing tub faucet? I'm guessing just wrench
the facuet off?
2. How do I remove the existing water control handles?

Thanks!
Leo

That link doesn't make clear what model you have.

Is the pull-up in the tub spout? If so, you can
replace just the spout. Some spouts screw on to
a threaded pipe, others slip on (no threads).