Posted to alt.home.repair
vic vic is offline

Default Cost to replace FPE circuit breaker box

I live in an 18 year old condo near Baltimore that is all electric abd
has a federal pacific box.
What would be the ballpark cost for new panel and install ??
Thanks for your help!
Vic

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 23, 11:08 am, "vic" wrote:
I live in an 18 year old condo near Baltimore that is all electric abd
has a federal pacific box.
What would be the ballpark cost for new panel and install ??
Thanks for your help!
Vic

Journeyman and helper, all day = $1600. New panel and breakers $350.
That ought to cover it. YMMV

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

"vic" wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in an 18 year old condo near Baltimore that is all electric abd
has a federal pacific box.
What would be the ballpark cost for new panel and install ??
Thanks for your help!
Vic

I has service upgrade to 100A, new panel, new breakers, two receptacles
added, and a light over the back door. Total cost was $220.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"vic" wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in an 18 year old condo near Baltimore that is all electric abd
has a federal pacific box.
What would be the ballpark cost for new panel and install ??
Thanks for your help!
Vic

I has service upgrade to 100A, new panel, new breakers, two receptacles
added, and a light over the back door. Total cost was $220.

The material for that are at least $75. They did it for $150 labor????

Posted to alt.home.repair

Toller wrote:
I has service upgrade to 100A, new panel, new breakers, two
receptacles added, and a light over the back door. Total cost was
$220.

The material for that are at least $75. They did it for $150
labor????

I upgraded to 200-Amp service. Total out-of-pocket cost was about $325.

'Course I did it myself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

At least $1000.00
Call around.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Toller" wrote in message

I has service upgrade to 100A, new panel, new breakers, two receptacles
added, and a light over the back door. Total cost was $220.

The material for that are at least $75. They did it for $150 labor????

I don't recall breakdown the labor, but I think it was about $100

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Toller" wrote in message

I has service upgrade to 100A, new panel, new breakers, two receptacles
added, and a light over the back door. Total cost was $220.

The material for that are at least $75. They did it for $150 labor????

I don't recall breakdown the labor, but I think it was about $100

How many hours? It would take me at least 10, but maybe a pro could do it
in 4.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:51:35 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"vic" wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in an 18 year old condo near Baltimore that is all electric abd
has a federal pacific box.
What would be the ballpark cost for new panel and install ??
Thanks for your help!
Vic

I has service upgrade to 100A, new panel, new breakers, two receptacles
added, and a light over the back door. Total cost was $220.

Ed was this like a 100 years ago, or were you using indentured
servents?

Labor is the majority of the cost. Around here, the permit alone will
cost about 40 bucks.

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just Joshin wrote:
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:51:35 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"vic" wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in an 18 year old condo near Baltimore that is all electric
abd has a federal pacific box.
What would be the ballpark cost for new panel and install ??
Thanks for your help!
Vic

I has service upgrade to 100A, new panel, new breakers, two
receptacles added, and a light over the back door. Total cost was
$220.

Ed was this like a 100 years ago, or were you using indentured
servents?

Labor is the majority of the cost. Around here, the permit alone will
cost about 40 bucks.

Around here (Houston) you don't need a permit. We also don't have zoning.

We do have a justifiable homicide excuse called the "But yer honor, he
NEEDED killin' " defense.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Just Joshin" wrote in message

Ed was this like a 100 years ago, or were you using indentured
servents?

Labor is the majority of the cost. Around here, the permit alone will
cost about 40 bucks.

Well at least someone figured it out. It was my first house in 1966

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:54:59 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Just Joshin wrote:
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:51:35 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"vic" wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in an 18 year old condo near Baltimore that is all electric
abd has a federal pacific box.
What would be the ballpark cost for new panel and install ??
Thanks for your help!
Vic

I has service upgrade to 100A, new panel, new breakers, two
receptacles added, and a light over the back door. Total cost was
$220.

Ed was this like a 100 years ago, or were you using indentured
servents?

Labor is the majority of the cost. Around here, the permit alone will
cost about 40 bucks.

Around here (Houston) you don't need a permit. We also don't have zoning.

We do have a justifiable homicide excuse called the "But yer honor, he
NEEDED killin' " defense.

I live in the North East, and as for killing Abortions are ok, so I'm
trying to push for "Retro-Active Abortions" for punks.

But back on topic, the price still seems real cheap.

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

Circuit Breaker Box Vibrates Randy Home Repair 5 December 6th 06 04:05 PM
Replacing A Circuit Breaker Box With A New One: Cost ? Robert11 Home Repair 7 August 8th 05 04:30 AM
FPE breaker box T.B. Home Ownership 8 January 11th 05 02:20 AM
FPE breaker box T.B. Home Ownership 0 January 5th 05 10:35 PM
can a circuit re-enter the breaker box? wahzoo Home Repair 5 January 6th 04 03:46 PM