Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air compressor hook-up question

I want to have the following on my air compressor: the output going
to an air filter -- to a T -- One tee open for a connection and the
other tee going to an oiler then to a open connection. This way I can
use things that require the oiler or not without have to disconnect
the oiler.

What and or where can I get the hardware to create the T setup? Thank
you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to have the following on my air compressor: the output going
to an air filter -- to a T -- One tee open for a connection and the
other tee going to an oiler then to a open connection. This way I can
use things that require the oiler or not without have to disconnect
the oiler.

What and or where can I get the hardware to create the T setup? Thank
you.

Try a hardware store. Run either 1/2" or 3/8" black pipe or copper tubing.
Most of these thing have standard pipe fitting on them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
wrote:
I want to have the following on my air compressor: the output going
to an air filter -- to a T -- One tee open for a connection and the
other tee going to an oiler then to a open connection. This way I can
use things that require the oiler or not without have to disconnect
the oiler.

What and or where can I get the hardware to create the T setup? Thank
you.

Some sources in no particular order:

Home Depot, Lowes, Grainger, MSC, NAPA auto parts sotre, PAPA auto parts
store, Pep Boys, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool & Equipment, Sears,
Delta Parts/Service Center, DeWalt Service Center, B&D Service Center,
AutoZone.

--
Contentment makes poor men rich. Discontent makes rich men poor.
--Benjamin Franklin

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf.lonestar.org
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

snip
Some sources in no particular order:

Home Depot, Lowes, Grainger, MSC, NAPA auto parts sotre, PAPA auto parts
store, Pep Boys, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool & Equipment, Sears,
Delta Parts/Service Center, DeWalt Service Center, B&D Service Center,
AutoZone.

Before heading for the stores, download the catalog from Milton
Indusrtries (miltonindustries.com) and get the part numbers for what
you want. Milton has been the standard in the air handling harware
business for many years. Be sure to check out the new S 760 series of
couplers and plugs; many pros are adopting these to improve
performance of HVLP equipment and air sanders. The couplers will also
handle older type M plugs, but the older couplers are too small for
the high flow plugs. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 22, 6:47 pm, "Joe" wrote:
snip
. Be sure to check out the new S 760 series of
couplers and plugs; many pros are adopting these to improve
performance of HVLP equipment and air sanders. The couplers will also
handle older type M plugs, but the older couplers are too small for
the high flow plugs.

Update on the newer Milton high flow plugs and couplers...these are
now referred to as 'V' style (and 'euro' style) in the current
catalog. Most autobody supply shops will be stocking these.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 22, 3:59 pm, (Larry W) wrote:
In article .com,

wrote:
[...]

That's a great list however I am not sure exactly what I am looking
for. For example if I go to Home Depot I will find a brass T that
requires hose clamps and that's basically all they have. I would
prefer a threaded piece. Does something like this exist, should I
make it? As the previous poster suggested using either black pipe or
copper tubbing. I wasn't sure if copper tubbing was sufficient.